WEBSITE

Please visit our website: www.missingnomore.com

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Privacy and Video Surveillance

Yesterday I talked about video surveillance, and today I'm going to briefly talk about privacy.  Do you object to surveillance video in public places?  Does it matter who is doing the surveillance, i.e. public or private entity?  Do we need to know what will be done with the video and how long it will be kept before we decide?
 The video below is good and brings up an interesting new consideration, surveillance in public places that also includes audio.  This certainly got me thinking.  I don't object to the video in public places, as I don't have the 'expectation' of privacy on a bus, subway, the street.  Ah, but now when audio enters the equation I'm not so sure.  If I'm talking to someone, even in public I have an 'expectation' of privacy.  Am I wrong about this?  Do you agree or disagree, and WHY?     

No comments:

Post a Comment