WEBSITE

Please visit our website: www.missingnomore.com

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Basic Prelim Investigation

Yesterday I posted about who Apollo Robbins was.  How did I get the info?  By doing a very simple, basic investigation at my computer.  It is how I start just about any research I do on the computer.  I Google the name/subject and proceed from there.
 In this case the #1 result was Mr. Robbins website, #2 was his Wikipedia entry.  Wikipedia is usually my second place to look for information.  I like Google because I can narrow my search to the web, images, videos, news, etc.  With Google I can also search time frames such as past month or past year.  I like Wikipedia because I can at least get  the very basic information and then I like to scroll to the bottom for external links, references and sources.  I also like that Wikipedia links to articles related within the article you are reading.  Finally, I mostly use Firefox for my browser because I think it makes searching easier with a task bar that allows you to pick different search engines.
So, that is how this blogger for Supersonic Safety Research starts their search.  How do you start your searches?

No comments:

Post a Comment