WEBSITE

Please visit our website: www.missingnomore.com

Thursday, September 12, 2013

NY State Courts 9/11 Heroes


www.nycourts.gov
 
I did not know SCOs (Senior Court Officer) Thomas Jurgens or Mitchel Wallace.  I did not personally know Captain Harry Thompson.  However; I will never forget them because on September 11, 2001 they did what first responders do - they ran in when everyone else was running out. 
I have heard them eulogized and read about them in the newspaper and online.  I know that Tommy Jurgens had been a medic in the army, was a volunteer firefighter and that he was newly married.  I have heard that he had a cousin who was a Port Authority Police Officer who also perished that day.  I know that Mitch Wallace had started his Court Officer career in Manhattan Family Court just as I had, though I had already been promoted and working on Long Island when he came.  I know that he was an EMT, and engaged.  That on that day he exited from the same subway station that I had exited everyday.  That on that day he looked up to see the World Trade Center as I had done everyday, but on this day it was on fire and he ran to help.  I know that Captain Harry Thompson was beloved by all that knew him, that he had 2 grown sons and that he was the epitome of what a Court Officer should be. 
I know that Captain Thompson's remains were found, but SCOs Jurgens and Wallace's remains were never recovered and they were identified by there mangled shields and the serial numbers on the slides from their Glock duty guns.   SCOs Jurgens and Wallace were posthumously promoted to sergeant.
 I know that they went NOT because it was their job (technically it wasn't), but because of who they were - they were first responders.  I also know that they are often the forgotten heroes: 343 FDNY, 23 NYPD, 37 Port Authority Police officers and 3 NY State Court Officers.  I have not forgotten them, I never will forget them or what they did on 9/11 - they helped to save 25,000 people. 
God Bless Sgt Thomas Jurgens, Sgt Mitchel Wallace and Captain Harry Thompson.   

No comments:

Post a Comment