WEBSITE

Please visit our website: www.missingnomore.com

Friday, November 1, 2013

More Bathroom Dos and Don'ts

About a week ago I posted on 'Bathroom Etiquette' http://supersonicpi.blogspot.com/2013/10/when-you-gotta-gobathroom-etiquette-on.html and linked to an article "Bathroom Issues for Law Enforcement".  Today I would like to make some additional thoughts and comments on the subject as it is an important one. 
   A little more input on stalls, be careful if you hang your gun belt on a hook,  you want to make sure it is on there securely.  If you are like me and try to keep your gun belt on (it can be done with proper keeper placement) and you are in a bathroom with stalls then I don't recommend using this method in those instances.  Why?  Because you are presenting an opportunity for someone to reach under and try to grab your gun and the perception is just bad.  Think of someone walking in and seeing a gun belt around your ankles in a stall.  Also, if there is no hook in the stall you will have to find a way to hook the gun belt safely around your  neck and shoulder.  Sometimes the handicapped stall is the best option, they usually always have a hook and often have a solid wall on one side (great for my keeper method if the wall is on your gun's side).  Off-duty I always carry my gun in a pancake holster on a belt.  When I go I do NOT place my holstered gun on the toilet tank as many of us do.  Why?  Too many people forget and leave their there.  I like to take my holstered gun off my belt and place in in my dropped pants - you can not forget it is there :)
   For those of you guys who say, 'well I can discreetly go wherever I am if it is #1'...I personally do NOT recommend that.  Here is why, my friend's husband was at a large mall in the parking lot.  He wanted to ask the security guard a question and when he went over to him the guard was standing behind is patrol car door urinating.  My friend's husband would not go back to that mall or allow his family to go there either.  Think of the perception this generates to the public about you, and your department...would you want your wife, daughter, mother to come upon this situation?  Let us also not forget there are surveillance cameras all over the place. Besides if you issue summonses for public urination then why is it OK for you do it? 
" Follow cowboy logic: don’t wait until you have to go, go when you have the chance!"

No comments:

Post a Comment