WEBSITE

Please visit our website: www.missingnomore.com

Saturday, November 30, 2013

Try to Remember Using Mnemonics



It is time again for 'Say It Again PI Sam.'  today's repeat post is "Mnemonics", one of my favorite learning tools.  When I took piano lessons my piano teacher used Mnemonics to help me learn to read music.  The notes corresponding to the lines of the treble clef : Every Good Boy Does Fine and for the spaces FACEMnemonics are a great way to remember and consequently learn.  Here is the original post:

Mnemonics


A few days ago I talked about the KISS METHOD for instructing and learning.  Today I'm going to talk about remembering what we learn using MNEMONICS.  Merriam-Webster Dictionary defines MNEMONIC as: assisting or intended to assist memoryAn example would be HOMES to remember the names of the Great Lakes - Huron - Ontario - Michigan - Erie - Superior. 

 What mnemonics do you use?  
I use Mnemonics when I'm writing reports I always go through my 5 W's -WHO, WHAT, WHEN, WHERE and sometimes WHY.      Nerd smile

No comments:

Post a Comment